Top 5 Energy Saving Tips for Summer
Builder, Home Insurance, Mortgage
Given the heat and humidity of the Perth summer we thought we would list the top 5 energy smart tips for your home in-order to save potentially over $1000 a year in power bills!
1. Install ceiling insultation (Annual saving of ~$383)
2. Use a ceiling fan as an effective cooling alternative (Annual saving of ~$129)
3. Check and maintain air-conditioning units to ensure seals and filters are in working condition and air is not lost on route to rooms (Annual saving of ~$260)
3. Turn off the home PC when not in use (Annual saving of ~$84)
4. Check sealing on doors and windows to ensure no air leakage between inside and outside (Annual saving of ~$90)
5. If possible, try to ensure windows facing the sun for the best part of the day are white on the outside so as to reflect the sun’s radiation (Annual saving of ~$110)
For an audit of your home or office please visit http://www.scantherma.com.au for more information.
, Home Buyers
, Home Insurance
, Home Renovations