Corporate governance is about more than maintaining correctly completed and filed forms: it goes to the heart of how a business is run and the transparent disclosure of information between management, the board, shareholders and other stakeholders. Ensuring that our clients’ governance procedures enable them to meet these obligations is a core competency of Company Matters.
Some of the areas where Company Matters assists its clients include:
- appointment to the statutory position as company secretary (whereby clients can outsource the entire company secretarial function)
- reviewing the governance framework and procedures
- drafting and advising on charters, policies and corporate governance statements
- identifying the processes and format for reporting in-line with the governance framework and governance materials
- reviewing the content and format of board and committee papers and minutes
- advising on compliance with the Corporations Act
- advising on compliance with applicable legislation and Treasury Guidelines for public sector entities (eg State Owned Corporations Act and enabling legislation)
- compiling director induction packs drafting board and committee self assessments
- critiquing director fees
- reviewing ASX announcements and provision of continuous disclosure advice
- ASX liaison
- providing other regulatory policy advice and liaison (eg. ASIC, Office of Fair Trading)
- attending and advising on procedures at shareholder or member meetings
In addition, Company Matters’ senior practitioners are available to provide practical training to in-house company secretaries (in either individual or group sessions).