The Slim Guide Body Fat Caliper is a low cost accurate skinfold caliper for the measurement of body fat levels. The Slim Guide been shown it to be highly reliable, have the same jaw pressure as the much more expensive Harpenden Caliper, and produce almost identical readings, and consequently it is very widely used by professionals around the world.
- calibrated jaw width can measure up to 80mm, suitable for larger non-athletic populations where this may be required
- can be read to the nearest 0.5 mm
- easy to use pistol grip trigger
- dual springs for consistent measurements
- made of durable ABS plastic, weight 200 grams (0.5 lbs), dimensions 28x25cm (11x10 inches)
The Slim Guide body fat caliper also comes with a handy 20 page booklet, "How to Measure Your % Body Fat" - an instruction manual for measuring % body fat using skinfold calipers. The book includes all the information you need to do skinfold measurements, including:
- discussion and description of the techniques for measuring body fat.
- diagrams and descriptions of common skinfold measurement sites.
- formula and charts for calculating % body fat.