The TRACERCO™ T201 Contamination Monitor was the first commercially available intrinsically safe contamination monitor, designed to meet the challenge of combining operational reliability under adverse conditions with excellent sensitivity, intrinsic safety, ruggedised construction and a number of additional key features, which simply make life easier for the worker.
The TRACERCO™ T201 Contamination Monitor offers several unique and important features:-
- Intrinsic safety for use in potentially explosive environments (zones 0, 1 and 2) – eliminates the need for a specific hot work permit.
- Detects alpha / beta radiation (particularly sensitive for Pb-210 / Ra-226 and other NORM nuclides).
- Digital numeric display provides optional automatic direct translation to Bq/cm2 for pre-programmed nuclides (natural and man-made) including Pb-210 and Ra-226.
- Peak measurement function for determining radiation levels remotely in difficult to access areas.
- Dual bargraph meter displays: 0-1000cps.
- Detachable radiation probe (stepwise rotatable for internal surface measurements) with up to 1.5 metres of extendable cable.
- Ruggedised nylon 6/6 construction provides an all-weather instrument.
- Displays calibration due date.
- Backlight facility.
- Audible response with adjustable alarm thresholds.