Knitted Basalt Sleeve
Basalt Sleeve, Knitted Basalt Sleeve, Knitted Sleeve,
Knitted Basalt Sleeve is manufactured from Basalt fibre yarn knitted to form a sleeve which provides excellent thermal protection. Good anti-fray and handling due to knitted construction.
Knitted Basalt Sleeve allows the sleeve diameter to expand by up to 1.5times to accommodate flanges and bends that are common with most exhaust systems. Available in sizes from 1" ID up to 6" ID.
Knitted Basalt Sleeve possesses outstanding characteristics making it ideal for use on vehicle exhaust systems. Typical applications include heavy goods vehicles, buses, and certain automotive applications. It can also be used for high temperature Industrial applications over pipe-work and to protect hoses and cables etc.
Knitted Basalt Sleeve is a highly engineered solution.
• Highly conformable / expandable – allowing ease of assembly over awkward shapes
• Continuous thermal protection up to 750oC
• Thick single wall construction provides optimal coverage and will not snag on exhaust welds etc.
• Highly resistant to most oils, hydraulic fluids, fuels, acids and alkalis, and moisture.
• When installed High Temperature Basalt Sleeving is designed to help keep exhaust gases as hot as possible
as they flow through the exhaust to catalytic converters.
This increases burn efficiency and helps to reduce emissions.
• Because of its insulation properties, the sleeve will also provide protection to sensitive electrical
wiring and components running close to the exhaust system.
• Good abrasion resistance
, Knitted Basalt Sleeve
, Knitted Sleeve