The TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Education qualification reflects the roles of individuals delivering training and assessment services in the vocational education and training (VET) sector.
Possible roles relevant to this qualification include:
Registered Training Organisation (RTO) Trainer
Training Adviser or Training Needs analyst
Vocational Education Teacher
Students enrolling in the qualification are advised of the need to have access to the following prior to commencement of the course;
2. DVD Camera / Skype unless eligible for *Third Party/Supervisor report
3. Microsoft Office Word
4. Evidence must be gathered in the workplace wherever possible. Where no workplace is available, a simulated workplace must be provided.
* Candidates currently working within a RTO as a trainer and assessor under the supervision of a qualified person i.e. TAA40104/TAE40110 holder.
Students will be required to accept these requirements as part of the terms and conditions acknowledgement.
TAE40110 Units of Competency
The total number of units of competency within AAMC Training Groups TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is 10; 7 core units plus 3 elective units
TAEASS401A Plan assessment activities and processes
TAEASS402A Assess competence
TAEASS403A Participate in assessment validation
TAEDEL401A Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning
TAEDEL402A Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
TAEDES401A Design and develop learning programs
TAEDES402A Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs
TAEASS301A Contribute to assessment
TAEASS502A Design and develop assessment tools
TAEDEL301A Provide work skill instruction
The 10 units of competency are delivered in the following manner;
Blended face to face / correspondence mode;
The qualification will be delivered over a 6 days blended face to face / correspondence mode; where the student will be required to complete the majority of assessments post the 6 day face to face attendance.
Students will have the opportunity to complete the following assessments in class;
• The delivery and assessment of one (1) training program; approximately 20 minutes (part of TAE DEL301A and TAEASS402A)
• Conduct a validation session on an assessment instrument (part of TAEASS403A)
Note it is important to understand that the students will not be issued /granted the qualification after the 6 day face to face attendance.
Flexible delivery modes i.e. electronic or correspondence
Students are provided with ether a hard copy learning guide for correspondence or online access to the learning guide for electronic delivery.
The completion of the qualification is self paced over a period of 6 months.