· Inspired by the rippling effect on water by wind
· Created in Arashi Shirbori method of pole wrapping and binding
· 100% Pure Pongee silk
· Wet silk was wrapped around a PVC pipe
· The silk was then bound very tightly with string that had been previously used and stained with silk dyes
· The entire pole was then soaked with water and scrubbed with a nail brush until the colour in the string bled into the wet silk
· This was then allowed to dry in the sunlight for several days
· The silk still bound to the pole was then steamed to fix the dyes and the creases in the silk.
· The silk was then gently unwrapped/unbound from the pole to retain the wrinkle effect
· This wrap is gently gathered to the shoulder where it is clasped by a hand made wire brooch covered with beading and strips of painted silk.
· The edges of the wrap are decorated with further beading and seashells