Personal Development, Relationship Counselling, Counselling Service
The perinatal period refers to pregnancy (antenatal) birth and post birth (postnatal) times. Bonding with your baby starts in pregnancy and you may have worries such as - who will support me? Will I be a good enough mother? Will I repeat my own parenting? Or you may have fears about giving birth.
Seeing a psychologist during this period can help you sort through these issues as well as assisting with things such as:
• Adjustment to being a parent
• Mood disturbances – antenatal and post natal depression and anxiety
• Birth Trauma
• Unresolved Trauma
• Difficulties bonding with your baby
• Lack of enjoyment with baby
• Worries about baby’s development or health
• Other major life stressors affecting parenting
• Loss – including miscarriage, abortion, stillbirth and SIDS
• Exacerbation of a pre-existing mental health condition
• Any issues with drugs or eating that may arise
• Difficulties with relationships – inc partners, mothers, in laws & your other children.
• Accessing more support for you Treatment:
Your first few appointments will include an assessment of your individual life circumstances both present and past. A treatment plan will then be formulated, and Honor encourages your input in this.
Self referrals are accepted, as are referrals from GPs, Maternal and Child Health Nurses, paediatricians, psychiatrists and other health professionals. Honor Newman is registered with Medicare and is therefore able to offer rebates for psychology services. In order to access these rebates a referral from a GP, psychiatrist or paediatrician is required. Rebates usually last for 10 sessions. Please bring your mental health care plan (if you have one) and the phone numbers of your GP or psychiatrist. If you self refer, you will need to pay the full fee but may be able to claim some back at tax time.
, Anxiety Counselling
, Counselling Service
, Counselling Services
, Depression Counselling
, Depression Therapy
, Grief Counselling
, Personal Development
, Relationship Counselling
, Relationship Problems
, Stress Counselling