The Westlink Group made a decision to separate sheetmetal fabrication and production sheetmetal into two distinct divisions to ensure its customers received the benefit of dedicated experts working in each of these areas.
Aztec Production Sheetmetal uses CNC (computer numerical control) equipment to cut and shape parts with great precision.
CNC and NC (numerical control) cutting equipment that Aztec currently uses includes:
- Finnpower Express 5 CNC turret punch 3m x 1200 cutting bed
- NC Guillotine - 3m x 6mm
- NC Guillotine - 2.4m x 3mm
- CNC power band saw
Brake press equipment used includes:
- Bystronic CNC Brake Press 2003 Model - 150 Tonne x 3 metres long
- Imperial CNC Brake Press - 80 Tonne x 3 metres long
- Promecam CNC Brake Press - 30 Tonne x 1 metres long
- Acra NC Brake Press - 160 Tonne x 3.5 metres long
Aztec work process
Aztec's work process usually begins with a CAD (computer assisted design) drawing that provides the exact specifications for individual parts, and how they work together to form a completed product.
A version of a CAD drawing is then loaded into CNC equipment, to provide computer-aided manufacturing (CAM).
Key benefits of production sheetmetal are:
- Quick, precision cutting
- Considerable cost savings for medium to large-scale production
- All production sheetmetal services are closely supervised by Aztec staff.
Aztec has two full-time professional draftsmen that can assist clients to design products from scratch, or modify and improve existing designs.
Specialising in Inventor 10, Autocad 2006, CadCraft GEMS, and Jetcam CAD/CAM software, Aztec's draftsmen have the skills to turn your product ideas into reality.
Aztec's draftsmen have the know-how and experience to assist you to develop products from the concept stage through to an actual prototype.
If you have a drawing or sketch of a product, Aztec's draftsmen can use this to form a CAD drawing, which can then be refined and improved using the group's broad experience and knowledge base.
Electrical and electronic components
Aztec also has the experience and expertise to incorporate electrical and electronic components into its production sheetmetal services, such as display units, etc.