Polyurethane foam-filled tyres are the premium 'pneumatic' (or
semi-pneumatic) wheel option: the wheels are puncture proof and provide
the greatest performance and reliability. Semi-pneumatics are fitted to
two piece wobble-free steel centres. Manufactured from 1.8mm steel.
[NOTE: some of the cheaper centres on the market are manufactured from steel as thin as 0.6mm]
- Thick sections, large radii, multi-web design for strength (stronger than most imported steel centres)
- Corrosion resistant polypropylene with UV fade protection
- High engineering standards for wobble-free wheels
- High quality butyl rubber seamless (butt-joined) tubes
- Welded one piece strong wobble free tubeless wheels. Centres up
to and including the 500x6 are manufactured from 1.8mm steel, and the
650x8 is of 2mm thick steel (NOTE: -some of the cheaper centres on the
market are manufactured from steel as thin as 0.6mm)
- Wheels can be retro-fitted with tubes
'Deep Groove' shielded bearings fitted to a toughened heavy duty
housing enables true running and extra strength (NOTE: Deep groove
bearings can last up to 3 times longer than normal pressed bearings).
4 ply for longer, rougher life (many imports use 2 ply).