Pre & Post Natal Services
Peninsula Physical Health and Nutrition
Massage, Nutrition, Pregnancy
Many of our allied health professionals at PPN are more than qualified to assist you in optimising you and your babies' health status prior to, throughout and after your pregnancy. Optimising your health will not only increase your chances of conception but there is a growing amount of evidence to suggest that healthier mums and dads give birth to healthier bubs who will begin life without a predisposition to many lifestyle diseases which have become mainstream in our society, such as obesity and diabetes.
Maintaining your health and fitness throughout your pregnancy will;
- Promote a healthy weight gain
- Improve circulation
- Reduce physical discomfort
- Improve mood
- Optimise lung & muscular functioning, including thermoregulation
- Decrease risk of miscarriage & unplanned caesarean
- Decrease risk for pre-pregnancy hypertension, pre-eclampsia & gestational diabetes
- Optimise fitness to assist in labour
Post-partum women will benefit by;
- Restoring pelvic floor strength and spinal stability
- Restoring anatomical aalignment & functionality, particularly around pelvic & shoulder girdles
- Reducing any abdominal seperation which may have occured late in the 3rd trimester or during labour
- Re-gaining fitness & ensuring your diet is adequate to support breastfeeding
Here to help are our;
Will prescribe suitable exercise programs through each trimester of your pregnancy as well as throughout the post-partum period. Specifically, Exercise Physiologists can help re-establish pelvic floor strength, restore abdominal seperation and re-condition you back to optimumh health.
Provide advice on necessary nutritional requirements pre and post-natally. We will keep you well nourished whilst educating you about foods which may be harmful to your foetus such as those with high mercury leverls or those which may contain listeria. Our Dietitians are also trained to help you manage gestational diabetes as well as to ensure you maintain a healthy weight pre and post-natally.
Therapeutic massage has been used for centuries to improve overall health, reduce stress and relieve muscle tension. Modern investigation and research is proving that pre-natal massage therapy can be a very instrumental ingredient in women's pre-natal care and shoud be given careful consideration.
, Post Natal