What is Keys 2 Drive ?
- keys2drive is a program that helps new drivers prepare for the realities of P plate driving.
- keys2drive is providing a free lesson to learner drivers, which brings the learner driver and the parent/supervisor together with a keys2drive accredited professional driving instructor.
- Funded by the Australian Federal Government, the free lesson introduces the keys2drive coaching approach 'Find Your Own Way', with examples of how the parent/supervisor and learner driver can use this approach when learning to drive.
- keys2drive equips parents/supervisors with a practical coaching approach they can use throughout the learning-to-drive journey.
- keys2drive helps learner drivers prepare for P plate driving and beyond, but focuses particularly on remaining free of harm during the first six months, when risks are at their highest.
What makes keys2drive session different from a traditional driving lesson?
Firstly, the keys2drive session has both the parent and the learner with an accredited keys2drive instructor so they can learn together.
Secondly, keys2drive seeks to develop young drivers who can actively reflect on what they are doing behind the wheel and why. During the keys2drive supervisors are taught how to use a coaching model to develop these skills in their young drivers.
A keys2drive session can be booked at any time during the 120 log book hours however it is most effective within the early stages of the log book so that there is plenty of time to incorporate the skills taught into their driving.
An interactive supports the session and is a valuable ongoing learning tool for the learner and supervisor.