New Zoller Lathes CNC:
Your guarantee for an increase in efficiency and quality.
ZOLLER "Smile" is the entry-level presetting and measuring device for
small-scale manufacturing that offers you absolute top technology in a
vertical small-format at a surprisingly reasonable price.
Compact and easy to operate it may be used for any purpose: machining
centers, transfer machines, boring mills, CNC controlled lathes and in
tool grinding and sharpening shops for measuring grinding wheels and
The Smile is available with Zollers powerful Pilot 2.0 or Pilot 3.0
software in five different measuring ranges depending on tool length.
Due to its low investment cost, the Smile is ideal for small and
mid-size companies that have a small to moderate number of tool changes.
Axes slide movements are manual and standard parameters are measured
automatically (length, diameter, radius and two angles).
- Universal presetting and measuring device for no-contact measuring and presetting of all kinds of tools
- Easy to operate thanks to »quick Touch« touch-screen monitor, and
automatic cutting edge detection in all four monitor quadrants even with
cutting edge shapes > 90°
- Automatic measurement of 5 parameters (length, diameter, radius and two angles)
- Equipped with C.R.I.S. function for automatic measuring of largest tool diameter without manual focusing
- 5 measuring results within seconds at a push of a button (length, diameter, radius, 2 angles)
- Vision system with tele-centric lens, dynamic cross-hairs
- Productivity increase of at least 15 %by reducing non-productive machining time
- Reduce rejects as a result of measured and preset tools.
- Increase the service life of your tools while reducing tool costs.
- Reduce tool breakage and therefore automatically reduce tool costs.
- Prevent tool crashes with measured and preset tools and therefore significantly reduce repair costs and eliminate downtimes.
- Receive consistent and plannable machining rates, because tools are always consistently preset and measured.
- Control-oriented data transfer prevents input errors and crashes.
- The automatic zero point control prevents the wrong tool from being
installed on the machine, thus eliminating crashes and downtime.
- Check your tools at the time of receipt to ensure excellent quality. This also reduces tool costs.
- Reduce machine set-up times with preset and measured tools.
- Save an average of at least 3-5 minutes in set-up time for each individual tool.
- Check the wear of the tools with the cutting edge inspection and reduce tool costs through timely re-sharpening.