Removals, Furniture Removals, Moving House
Pre Move: Steps In The Home Sale Process
When it’s time to move you really need to prepare. There are two types of theories when it’s time to move: 1) Get everything done little by little over a period of time or 2) Spend an entire weekend getting everything done. Removalists in Perth are no strangers when it comes to moving. Movers arrive all the time and people aren’t prepared for the big day. Without the right planning both methods can fail. Moving always takes longer than you think it will. You will need to pack and get things organized and starting at least two months in advance can make moving day go off without a hitch. Removalists in Perth recommend starting the pre-move process at least two months in advance. Here’s a simple checklist so you can be prepared for the big day.
Two Months Before Moving Day
• Start getting an estimate from removalists in Perth. If you wait until the last minute you may not be able to get the day that you need. Choose your mover and review the details of their requirements. Will you pack? Will they pack? Can the move your grand piano? Etc.
• Sort and throw: You should go through every room in your house and make decisions on things that you can get rid of. Items that are not in use but are n good condition can be sold or donated. Think about how you will move important items that may easily damage, get lost, or require special packing instructions or insurance.
• Start collecting and filling boxes. Many stores will give out boxes for free. You may also be able to collect some boxes from family and friends.
• Make sure that you have all the important records in one central location for instance school records like transcripts, report cards and medical records like shot records, medication, etc.
• Start packing the little items and items that are not in use. For instance if its winter time start packing your summer clothes or pack up the guest room.
Six Weeks Before Moving Day
• Start using up things that won’t make it through the moving process like frozen and perishable foods. Try not to buy these items in bulk until after the move. Even cleaning supplies or personal cleansing items in liquid form. These items tend to spill during travel.
• Take measurements or determine the dimensions of your new home to make sure all of your furniture can easily fit through the door.
• Notify people of your impending move. You would hate to miss all of those holiday and birthday cards because no one knew you were moving.
• If your move is to another state or country and you will need plane tickets for yourself or family members now is the time to purchase them. Don’t forget about any pets that may need to travel with you.
• If you have pets that you don’t want to take with you on the move now is the time to start rehoming them.
Two weeks Before Moving Day
• If you need to take off work make sure you schedule to be off with your job.
• If you are moving to a new climate and taking your vehicle take your car to a mechanic to make sure there isn’t anything that needs to be done for the new climate. For instance an engine block or snow tires if you are moving to a place that has snow for most of the year.
• Reconfirm your moving day with your removalists company.
• Refill prescriptions so you can make sure you have the ones you need especially if your prescriptions are delivered in the mail.
• Pack your suit cases full of the thing you will need for a couple of days after the move for every member of your family.
The day Before Your Move
• Defrost the freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
• Make sure you have the payment ready to pay your removalists in Perth.
• Take Inventory of the items that will be moved.
Print this page
Pre Move: Sorting Out your Clothes People are aware that there are lots of important things that need to be
Pre Move: Sorting and Disposing of Electronic Equipment: Are you one of those homeowners who are planning to move out
Melbourne, VIC, 3000,Australia
Main: 0476 873 232Fax: 0476 873 232
Create your free Hotfrog business profile
Follow Hotfrog on:
Hotfrog Small Business Hub