Personalised Coaching | Kelly Cycle Coaching
Kelly Cycle Coaching
If you are looking for an individual personalised cycling program written to fit in with your school and work commitments, we can help you. We cater for juniors aspiring to become National level cyclists as well as elite,
para-cyclists and masters riders.
What we can offer you:
- Personalised monthly training program
- Opportunity to train with the coaches
- Ability to learn and enhance your current bike skills (descending, cornering, sprinting, riding in packs, etc)
- Support at many races throughout the year
- Advice on nutrition, core stability needs,
- Professional bike and cleat setup
- Qualified Scientific power and lactate testing
- 15 years of coaching and directing experience at an International Level (Bob Kelly)
- 8 years of professional international racing, including two road world championships (Helen Kelly)
- the unique experience of being coached by a male and female coach, concurrently
How to get started:
- If you are interested in being coached, please download:
The Kelly Cycle Coaching Start sheet needs to be printed and completed. This should take you a few days to do.
The Terms and conditions sheet also needs to be printed and signed.
Please fill in the blank calendars with your current school/work/uni commitments so we know what time you have available for training. Please write in any weekly racing, bunch rides, other rides with friends you would like incorporated into your program where possible. We will use all of this information to write your individualised program.
Want to get started?
- This meeting will take approximately 1.5-2hrs. (all athletes under 18 need to be accompanied by at least one parent). Thisathlete assessment process will cost $80.
- In this meeting, we will go through your Program Start Sheet in detail and discuss your short and long term goals.
- Bank details to setup the monthly ezypay payments will be completed at this time.
- Remember frequent (at least weekly) communication with your coach will give you the best out of your coaching.
- You will also receive a complimentary pair of Kelly Cycle Coaching cycling socks at this meeting, as well as information about bike equipment chooses, nutrition, racing tactics, etc.
We have a competitive tiered pricing structure, reflecting the increased coaching and support required as an athlete moves up from junior categories into U19 and Open racing. All monthly charges are automatically deducted via Ezypay on the 1st of each month. Please email us for monthly program prices.
Options for coaching programs
You can choose the level of coaching that suits your individual needs.
Option 1 – individual program
You will receive a personalised monthly training program and are able to communicate with the coaches by phone, skype, email, in person as required.
Option 2 – individual program plus power analysis
In addition to an individualised program, we also offer our more elite athletes a power analysis package. This means we analyse, monitor and provide you with feedback on your workouts. We use Training Peaks software called WKO+ (version3).
How does this work?
- This feature is offered to those athletes training with power so some form of power device is required (SRM, powertap, quarq cranks, polar, etc)
- We set up a server where you can download your files from which we can access them.
- The analysis is quite extensive and involves reviewing your (normalised) power, monitoring the intensity of your efforts, as well as your accumulated fatigue levels.
- A number of other factors are also analysed which can be explained in more detail if athletes decide to choose this extra level of coaching analysis.
- To train more professionally and learn to interpret your files, we also suggest that you purchase the WKO+ software (from the training peaks website)
The information in this article was current at 09 Nov 2011