Gotchya Pest Control
Pest Control, Pest Management, Pest Services
Rabbits have been significant pests in Australia since they were released near Geelong, Victoria in 1860. Rabbits are one of Australia's most serious pest animals they typically:
• Destroy pasture, crops and plant communities impacting on agriculture and the environment;
• Cause soil erosion and associated sedimentation of waterways;
• Compete with native fauna for food and habitat; and
• are well suited to Australian conditions and breed prolifically.
In 2004 rabbits were estimated to have an annual economic impact of over $113 million dollars nationally.
Rabbit biology and behaviour
• Rabbits have a hierarchy in which dominant males mate with dominant females. Non-dominant rabbits will disperse and seek alternative feeding areas and establish other warrens or territories.
• Are territorial. Adventurous rabbits generally feed further from the warren; shy rabbits feed closer to the warren.
• May not find (and therefore not eat) bait placed outside their feeding areas.
• Naturally wary of new things in their environment. Free-feeding is essential to encourage rabbits to feed on rabbit bait before the poison baits are applied.
• Prolific breeders, able to produce numerous litters per year. Two rabbits can breed to over 180 rabbits in just 18 months!
• Breed by the presence of nutritious green growth. This usually occurs during the wetter months but can include wet summers.
Survival of young is substantially increased when rabbits have safe harbour, especially breeding burrows and warrens. The destruction of warrens is the key to achieving long-term rabbit control.
Further information on rabbit characteristics and behaviour can be found on DEPI website www.depi.vic.gov.au
Rabbit Control or Rabbit Removal is best achieved by using a combination of control measures, not just one and by working across a landscape, involving the whole community, rather than just on individual properties. Dependent of the area location, be it; (Urban, Semi-Urban, rural or natural landscaping) our control measures include but not restricted to are;
• Harbour Removal
• Warren Fumigation and Ripping
• Trapping (We have ministerial approval for leg hold trapping in Urban area’s)
• Shooting & Spotlighting
• Exclusion Fencing
We conduct a thorough inspection and survey of the area, provide you with an Integrated Pest Management Action plan with detailed maps and co-ordinates, control methods and competitive priced components at each stage. Using the right tools we shall monitor, evaluate and asses the
results and provide regular follow ups.
We can tailor an effective Integrated rabbit management control program to your needs, so please! call us today.
Remember, rabbit control is time-consuming and there is no quick-fix solution.
If you’re experiencing a Rabbit problem, Call us directly on 0418 774 899 or email [email protected]
Commercial Pest Control
, Pest Animal Control
, Pest Control
, Pest Management
, Pest Services
, Rabbit Control