HSL series hydraulic guillotine with automated blade gap adjustment.
The HSLX series are our fully automated shears.
The HSLX shears are just like our TS shears a guillotine type shears. This means that the cutting action is a scissors cutting action.
The hydraulic cylinders on the HSLX shears are positioned directly above the ram and push the ram in a downwards direction.
Guillotine shears have several advantages above swingbeam type shears. They are made to cut several material types and thicknesses and have no twist in the frame like swingbeam types.
On the HSLX models, the beam rake angle and the blade gap setting are controlled by the new SC90 operator control. We adjust the rake angle on the HSLX guillotines by pumping more oil into, or releasing oil out of the right cylinder. To set the blade gap, we have 2 hydraulic cylinders which push the ram of the blade gap forward or backwards. The ram is guided between 4 spring loaded bearings.
With the new SC90 control, the rake angle and blade gap settings are set automatically by entering the material type and thickness of the sheet to be cut.
The servo-driven backgauge on ball-screw in combination with the SC90 control, allows the operator to program different target positions for several cuts over one sheet and cut the sheets without any need to touch the operator control.
The sheet hold-downs on the HSLX guillotine models are hydraulic controlled. The hold-downs use a separate hydraulic circuit with separate pump. A pressure activated switch is used for the right pressure setting. The hold-downs on both sides of the shear are installed closer together to cut small plates.
The HSLX guillotines come standard with a shadow light function, to be able cutting of plate, without the use of a backgauge.
All Haco guillotines delivered to Australia are equipped with the European Safety Specifications. To allow much easier and safer access to the rear of the guillotine and to prevent injury while cutting HACO uses a light guard system.
Our optional pneumatic thin sheet hold-up system is assuring the perfect gauging while entering the sheet into the machine. During the cutting action and when not in use, the arms rest under a cover, thus avoiding damaging the arms itself when cutting heavier material.
We also have an optional heavy duty conveyor and plate hold-up system. The pneumatic plate hold-up arms hold the plate for perfect gauging. A strip of scrap can be cut and automatically removed to the scrap shute (Ex: when starting a series of cuts with a new plate). The conveyor transports the plates to a pallet or stacking system provided by the customer. Standard Features SC90 control:
- 5” LCD screen.
- Material type list
- Automatic electro-hydraulic blade gap setting
- Automatic electro-hydraulic cutting angle setting
- Automatic programmable retraction of the back gauge.
- Cutting length adjustment.
- Backlash compensation.
- Delayed sheet release selector
- Mode selection Inch-Metric.
- (Preset) counter with 0-stop
- Programmable backstop settings
Standard Machine Features:
- All steel welded interlocked Monoblock construction
- HSLX guillotines are upper driven by 2 top cylinders
- Two cutting blades each 4 cutting edges.
- Squaring arm with scale, T-slot and tilting stop.
- Tilting sheet hold-downs independent from the shearing pressure.
- Cutting line illumination
- Motorised, backgauge, on ballscrews, SERVO driven.
- Hand Safety Guard
- Back safety light guard combined with side safety fences.
- Foot pedal control
- Operation & maintenance manual
- Mechanical swing away backgage
- Hydraulic swing away backgauge
- Pneumatic thin sheet hold-up system
- Heavy duty Plate hold-up system
- Conveyor system
- Stacking system
- Protractor for angle shearing