Product : Eraser – Primary Belt Cleaning System
Product Category : Belt Cleaning System Products
Location : Golden Grove, South Australia
Conveyed Materials : Clay Brick
Installation Date : June 2013
Our customer was founded in 1908 and today the company is well established as a major player in the brick industry. Their new brick super-plant located near Golden Grove, South Australia, uses the latest high-tech automated controls and a high-efficiency kiln to achieve energy savings of 30 percent over previous technology. The plant is water self-sufficient, has low emissions and operates on zero waste.
With more and more companies considering productivity improvements waste reduction and containment of materials spillage in the production process, our customer was focussed on minimising all waste around the conveying of the wet clay.
Previously, they operated without any primary belt cleaning system. As a result clay carry-back and material spillage would occur along the conveyor, with build up forming on the return rollers. This could cause belt mistracking and expensive belt edge damage. Extra maintenance and clean-up costs were often required.
After consultation with one of our sales engineers to better understand the site and conveyor structure, it was agreed that the best option was to install Kinder & Co’s Eraser Primary Belt Cleaning System at the run-off end of the conveyor. Given the height and restricted access at the run off-point, the Eraser’s unique polyurethane self-tensioning Perma-Torque™ ratchet would mean it would require minimal ongoing adjustment.
As soon as the conveying of product commenced, our customer’s problem was resolved in the following ways:
1. Immediately spillage and waste have been reduced because the Eraser effectively prevents material carry-back and also allows for better recycling potential of any waste material;
2. Immediately maintenance time and costs have been reduced because less time each day needs to be scheduled for cleaning up the spillage and washing down the conveyor;
3. In the future there will be cost savings on the purchase of replacement blades because the properties of the high quality engineered polyurethane blade of the Eraser has proven superior durability; also the self-tensioning ratchet reads the belt speed resulting in accurate and reliable tensioning of the blade edge to the belt;
4. The belt itself is at less risk of damage because there is no belt edge damage from the clay build-up.
Eraser Primary Belt Cleaning System Key Features :
* Proven effective cleaning performance
* Rugged mainframe and blade
* Compact mounting footprint
* No rusted springs, hoses, cables, shocks or mudpacked components to deal with
* Uniform tensioning cleaning pressure
* Brightly coloured safety yellow end caps protect from dust and water contamination
* Single pin blade attachment means quick and simple blade change out with less downtime
If you have a specific product enquiry, contact one of our sales engineers on 03 9587 9244 or visit our website www.kinder.com.au