Interested in keeping bees and making your own honey?
We offer a practical 2-day program that covers all aspects of beekeeping for beginners.
After completing this course, you will be ready to assemble a beehive, manage a colony of bees and harvest your own honey.
This course includes a hive opening (weather permitting) and contains the following key elements:
- History of Beekeeping
- Beekeeping in Australia
- Honeybee colonies
- Bee biology
- Beekeeping essentials – bees, hives & equipment
- Hive placement and location
- Common problems, pests & diseases
- How to manage a bee swarm
- How to extract honey and honeycomb
Courses are held at a training centre in Ashburton (Melbourne), Victoria.
Course dates and Fees:
- Course fee is $350
- Next course: Sat 12 & 13 October 2013 12pmli>
Buy now to secure your enrolment: