GRIZZLY Dynamic Probing Super Heavy (DPSH) with Geotechnical Drilling Head
TIC Service Group Pty Ltd
Soil Testing, Geotechnical, Pavement
The GRIZZLY Dynamic Probing Super Heavy (DPSH) from Sol Solution is a self propelled dynamic probing and drilling rig. It’s used for soil investigation and compaction control to measure the in-situ strength of fine- grained and granular subgrades, granular base and sub base materials, and weakly cemented materials. Depths of 10-15m or more can be achieved, depending on the soil type. It provides immediate repeatable results so that on-site decisions can be made straight away and adheres to EN ISO 22476-2. Attachments available include a geotechnical drilling head and auger (diameter 63 mm) for soil investigation at depth, window sampling and windowless sampling and an Standard Penetration Test (SPT) core sampler.
Advantages of the GRIZZLY DPSH include:
- In situ ground investigation and compaction control with continuous measurement providing results with on-screen display and on-site analysis, enabling immediate decision making and eliminating human error during data capture.
- For compaction control, the embedded GRIZZLY data acquisition and analysis software has an integrated compaction control data base for various soil types – the measurement of the driving depth in mm per strike is compared to a database based on the type of soil (soil classification), its water content and the required compaction quality (%OPN or OPM). Anomalies calculation is done automatically with the embedded software.
- For soil investigation, a geological profile (database available) can be associated with the penetrogram.
- Data export using a USB key enables further interpretation, analysis and presentation using the PC based GRIZZLY software.
- GPS-System for immediate test position location and recording and integration with Google Earth
- One person operation
- Geotechnical drilling head option allows for 2 machines in one (drilling rig and DPSH). One can also do window sampling, windowless sampling and the Standard Penetration Test (SPT) with the GRIZZLY.
- Fast to setup once you have arrived on-site (15 mins) and complete a test (5 mins).
- Typical dynamic probing maximum measuring depth of 10m but depending on the soil, you may be able to investigate deeper.
- Integrated powerful hydraulic rod extractor for dynamic probing rod extraction.
- Hydraulic vertical and lateral pole adjustment
- GRIZZLY can easily be loaded in a commercial vehicle for transport (no need to have a specific driver’s licence)
- Versatile rubber tracked lightweight rig with a low centre of gravity enabling access to most site locations.DPSH Dynamic Probing Super Heavy Soil Investigation Penetrogram 11m with Geology Profile for Presentation
- Dimensions of the GRIZZLY DPSH (L 1.9m x W 0.89m x H 1.25m) enable it to work where there is a problem of limited physical space (e.g. buildings to be demolished), or difficult access (e.g. interior courtyards, hanging terraces, mountainous areas with no access route etc.)
- Weight of the GRIZZLY (
, Dynamic Cone Penetrometer
, Flexible Pavements
, Geotechnical Engineering
, Geotechnical Testing
, Pavement Rehabilitation
, Pipe Laying
, Preliminary Investigation
, Site Investigation
, Soil Investigation
, Soil Testing
, Sub Grade
, Sub Soil Evaluation