Local Business, Environmental Education, Environmental Services
Natural State has over 30 years of combined experience in delivering engaging environmental education programs for school students, disadvantaged youths, community groups, NGO's and the private sector.
Since 2002, our programs have engaged with over 10,000 school students in South Australia, Victoria & Tasmania.
We collaborate with teachers and project managers to tailor a range of program options for your school, class or group needs. We are flexible in our approach and can deliver these sessions both in class, and in the field. We aim to inspire and encourage participants to reconnect with nature, to gain a better understanding of the natural world around us, and to introduce and promote the concept of sustainability.
Our programs align with the Australian Curriculum and can be developed to complement existing resources and classroom learning. We hold current Working with Children Check (WWCC) licences and good character checks.
Our environmental education services include:
- An introduction to the concept of Sustainability: what it means, how we can get there, and how you can help. We introduce and discuss ecological footprint, ecosystem services, renewable energy and social equity.
- Bird and bat box making sessions. We encourage students to research local vulnerable bird species and their habitat requirements, then we make boxes together to put up at home, in a reserve or at school.
- Assistance with practical hands on conservation projects within your local community or school grounds eg. National Tree Planting Day activities.
- Environmental Audits for schools. Involving students to measure their school's management of resources and facilities including energy, waste, water, biodiversity, landscape design, products and materials.
- Guided forest discovery bushwalk along the Leven River. Learn about the tall Eucalypt forests of the Cradle Coast region. Set on our 20 hectare Land for Wildlife covenanted property near North Motton (15Km inland from Ulverstone).
- Visit our sustainable living demonstration site which features an ‘off grid’ renewable energy system, rainwater harvesting and rammed earth house with solar passive design. We’ll demonstrate how we can all reduce our environmental impact. Set on our 20 hectare Land for Wildlife covenanted property near North Motton (15Km inland from Ulverstone).
- Guided bushwalks in local reserves to highlight and interpret the area's natural values to students.
- Learn about local bushfoods. Apart from sampling a range of edible plants, these sessions aim to build respect and an appreciation of indigenous culture and traditional knowledge.
- Garden design and landscaping to establish gardens which feature local wildflowers, bushfoods, butterfly and bird attracting plants, within schools, community gardens or workplaces.
Please note this is just a sample of what we can offer. Please feel free to contact us to discuss your potential project ideas.
Cultural Heritage Awareness
, Environmental Education
, Environmental Services
, Local Business
, Native Fauna
, School Excursions