Natural State offers a range of environmental management consultancy and planning services throughout Tasmania.
Our consultancy service incorporates years of experience and training in both the private and public sectors. We are committed to providing practical solutions and value for money. We understand our client’s needs and deliver projects on time and on budget.
Natural State consultancy and planning services include:
- Assisting your organisation to comply with specific environmental regulations required under legislation. For example with local government Planning and Development Applications, and state government Environmental Protection Authority requirements.
- Assistance with developing and implementing an Environmental Management System – ISO14001:2004, to reduce environmental impacts and improve environmental performance. Together, we can prove that your brand truly honours the Tasmanian clean and green image.
- Environmental evaluations to quantify your existing performance and to set goals for reducing environmental impacts.
- Bushfire Prone Area vegetation management plans with effective land management strategies to reduce fuel loads and minimise the potential impact of severe bushfires.
- Conservation planning for natural area protection and enhancement. We use a range of tools including:
Geographic Information Systems (GIS),
and Risk management.
- Revegetation planning for environmental plantings of indigenous species:
complete planning, design and implementation service, from site to landscape scale revegetation projects.
- Shelterbelt planning and design including:
Timing and costing.
- Weed management plans. Ideal for guiding on ground action for natural area restoration projects. We can provide recommendations for your project to help with the logistics and to set realistic expectations of what can be achieved within specified timeframes. Our plans clearly outline the costings for each year, based on experience and current market rates.
- Flora and fauna surveys to record the natural values present, and to provide recommendations for management options. We use remote sensing cameras to capture evidence of the presence of nocturnal animals and their behaviour.
- Vegetation monitoring using the TASVEG Vegetation Condition Assessment methodology.
- GPS mapping and GIS analysis using ArcGIS v10.2 software to capture and display data for specific audiences or stakeholder needs.
- Delivery of workshops, field days and group training events providing practical hands-on experience in Conservation and Land Management and Sustainability education activities.
- Project management – accountable, competent, effective, motivated and professional service.
- Grant writing - assisting schools and community groups with all aspects of grant writing including:
Sourcing grants, sponsorship and funding opportunities,
Assistance with grant management and delivery; and
Assistance with reporting to funding providers.
Natural State collaborates with a range of specialist consultants and experts when an inter-disciplinary approach to environmental management problem solving is required.