The hands-on approach to taking ownership of your life.
This Body Maintenance Manual, like a car repair manual, is a resource that helps you turn information into meaningful knowledge of your own unique body and life. Whether you choose to do the fun and easy exercises or challenge yourself with more complex tasks you will embark on a learning journey that will give you back your confidence.
Designed by an expert in adult learning who has lived with diabetes for over 20 years this workbook provides a set of learning exercises, quizzes, tips, and practical tools to take ownership of your own life.
This workbook will equip you to:
· Become the expert in your own life
· Talk confidently with doctors
· Work out what is important to you and how you want to live your life
· Consciously make the choices that are right for you
· Explore your dreams and hopes
Inside the workbook you will find:
· Quizzes to test your knowledge
· Fun exercises to help familiarise you with the words and language of doctors
· Exercises to develop the skills you need to observe and relearn your own body
· Tasks that help you learn how to take back control and shape the life that you want
· Experiments that help develop an understanding of the science of the body
· Additional sources of detailed medical information for those who wish to pursue their learning and further develop their expertise