Winter dung beetles for southern Australia
Dung Beetle Solutions Australia
Beetle Sales, Buy Dung Beetles, Dung Beetles,
Strategic introduction of key dung beetle species:
1. Reduces reliance of chemical fertilisers: deep-tunnelling dung beetles bring nutrient-rich subsoils to the soil surface and bury nutrient rich dung at 30–50 cm.
2. Reduces soil compaction: dung beetle tunnels deep in the subsoil allow pasture roots to grow into hostile subsoils, improving drought resistance.
3. Provides free clay spreading: in duplex soils, bringing subsoil clay to the surface provides a free clay spreading service which improves water retention and surface soil fertility!
4. Leads to more earthworms: Earthworm numbers increase following dung burial. Further, the earthworms follow the tunnels into the subsoil.
5. Creates more pasture = increased profit: The combined impact of subsoil organic amendment, tunnels for water and plant roots.
6. Helps control intestinal parasites: Dung beetles bury/kill the infective stages of intestinal parasites (worms) and reduce the need for parasiticides.
Ask Dr Bernard Doube to advise you on:
• appropriate dung beetle species and numbers for your farm
• managing the introduction and maintenance of dung beetles on your farm.
Go to dungbeetlesolutions.com.au and complete the inquiry form.
, Buy Dung Beetles
, Dr Bernard Doube
, Dung Beetles
, Purchase Dung Beetles
, Suitable Dung Beetles