Wallmans Planning and Environment team has a broad range of experience in providing advice and representing clients in this highly regulated area of practice.
Our close involvement in planning law stretches back to 1967, when development controls were introduced to Adelaide. We have a comprehensive knowledge of the development assessment process through acting for developers and those affected by proposed developments.
The team has a combined 40 years’ experience in this area. They regularly advise developers and appear at council meetings and in the Environment, Resources and Development (ERD) Court.
We also have considerable expertise in representing clients in the environmental management area, including:
- Advice on appeals in relation to Environment Protection Orders under the Environment Protection Act
- Advice on environment and water licences and related appeals
- Civil enforcement
- Contaminated land issues
- Court applications and litigation
- Due diligence investigation of the sale or purchase of property and businesses
- Environmental investigations
- Heritage issues
- Legal compliance advice
- Preparation of environmental agreements
- Pollution liability
- Strategic advice in emergency response situations