Wallmans Lawyers has one of the larger Hospitality and Licensing practices in South Australia. Partner Peter Hoban comes from a family of hotel keepers, which has given him invaluable practical knowledge and experience of the industry. This is reflected in the advice he gives to industry groups, stakeholders and individuals affected by licensing applications and the conduct of licensed premises.
Peter is assisted by a team of practitioners who have a combined experience in hospitality and licensing law of more than 25 years.
Our expertise includes:
- All applications to the licensing authority including new applications for, and variations to, licences, redefinition of licensed premises, extended trading authorisations and entertainment consent
- Buying, selling and leasing licensed premises of all kinds
- Employment and industrial relations issues
- Gambling applications of various kinds, including gaming machines, Keno and TAB
- Health and safety issues
- Local government (Council) applications for development approvals and other applications
- Representation in courts and to relevant authorities
- Taxation advice