BEARING METALS - Also known as Babbitt Metal, Britannia Metal, White-metal
· A: Highly ductile bearing metal, fatigue resistant, used to take heavy loads at high speeds and for massive bearings and large con-rod bearings not subjected to shock. Also used to set knife guides for sawmills.
· A1: Special tin-based bearing alloy for use in crushers. Used for heavy duty quarry and metallurgical crushers.
· AR:Best quality whitemetal for heavy-duty, shock-loaded conditions.
· 400: Highly ductile and corrosion resistant underwater bearing metal.
· No.4: Lead-based lower cost bearing alloy - used in windmills.
Other grades made to customer specification.