Xtreme provides a Web Content Management system for customers who wish to create their own websites quickly, efficiently and with a minimum of hassle.
A Content Management System (or CMS) is a computer application used to manage work flow needed to create, edit, review, index, publish and archive various kinds of digital media and electronic text. This is especially applicable to the design of websites, and allows an easy mehod for companies to maintain consistent styles and formats throughout their web site. A CMS makes updating your web site as simple as editing a Microsoft Word document!
A CMS allows you to create information on a one-time basis, instead of having to recreate it over and over again. It is stored in a database and can be accessed through the CMS to then configure how and when you want to display the information. A CMS is atime-saving system that increaes productivity and cuts down on labour costs. The ability to devote mere minutes rather than hours for website and content updating is a benefit to the efficiency of all modern businesses.
There are a number of reasons to use a CMS rather than implement updates manually:
- Access it from any Computer: Any computer that has web access instantly becomes a terminal for you to update your website. Simply log in, and make chances anytime, anywhere.
- Assign Roles to Other Staff: With a feature that allows you to control every aspect of a user account, you can safely create accounts for other staff members and delegate responsibilities while you focus on more pressing tasks.
- User-friendly Template System: Including a flexible and powerful template system, the CMS makes it easy to modify your website layout. Pages can be automatically changed to match your other designs and allow for consistent and concise web layouts.
- Built-in Image Adjustment: Eliminate the requirement for complicated graphic design software as the system will allow for easy editing of images so you can resize, crop, rotate and perform many additional functions using only the CMS and your web browser.
- Search Engine Optimization: The CMS contains fields which allow you to easily edit meta-data such as keywords and page descriptions to gain the optimal page rank and attract the exact demographic you are targeting with your page.
Xtreme specialises in a web content management system that contains a variety of additional features which help to provide ease of access to users of all levels of technical aptitude:
- Granular User Management: Get total control of user role definitions and permissions for access to different functions throughout your website.
- Multiple Content Types: Complete flexibility over defining how different content types appear, and allow specific functions for each type, such as allowing user comments or feedback.
- WYSIWYG Editing: What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get editing allows you to edit documents much like in Microsoft Word with little to no HTML knowledge.
- Built-in Search Function: Allows you to search through all the content in either standard or advanced modes.
- Tracking and Statistics: Contains default statistics tracking and can also be integrated with any third party reporting such as Google analytics to help you analyse traffic to your site.
- Version Control: Lets you easly revert to a previous page version in case you choose to go back to an older format.
- Dynamic Page Manipulation: Provides functionality to display pages in a variety of manners using specialised views and content placement.
- OpenID Support: Allowing a single login across a large number of the top services across the Internet, OpenID is one of the latest technologies integrated into our CMS.
- Templating Options: The process of redesigning your website is made easy; simply design a template, change options to your liking, and you're ready to go!
- Content Administration: Provides a high degree of workflow management that scales depending on the size of your business.
Xtreme implements various methods and technologies to help ensure our CMS websites are listed in Google, Yahoo and all other major search engines, displayed for all core keywords related specifically to your website. The CMS alone provides many advantages for SEO, including:
- Clean URLs: The CMS will automatically give all newly created pages what is referred to as a "Clean URL". This is a web address for a page that contains words related to the page and no unnecessary characters or symbols that can confuse both customers and search engines. This will improve your rankings in search engines and inherently lead to more business for your company.
- XML Site maps: This is a file hosted on your website that contains a full index of every page you have created. The CMS automatically creates this XML file and even submits it to Google, Yahoo, Windows Live and Ask.com every time you make a change to your website.
- Image ALT Tags: When adding images to pages you can easily specify a value for what is called the "ALT tag" . This tag is a description for each photo you add to the website, which can provide extra website hits from users searching Google Images, etc.
- Preventing 404 Errors: When attempting to visit a page on a website that doesn't exist, you will usually receive a generic white page with the error "404: Page not found" with no links back to the main site. The CMS will be configured such that in the even a visitor visits a page that doesn't exist, they will be presented with an index page listing all available pages.
Our CMS is a comprehensive, future-proof solution to user-friendly website design and maintenance that can save your business both time and money. Please contact us for more details.