HOW TO Prevent Termite Attack!
Pest Control, Pest Management, Pest Services
Any structure can be attacked by termites. Periodic maintenance should include measures to minimise the possibilities of infestation in and around your home. Factors which may lead to infestation include:
- Edge of concrete slab concealed – Ensure the edge of your slab is fully exposed.
- Weep holes blocked – Ensure weep holes are fully exposed. This includes clearing or pruning plants and mulch.
- Less than 400mm clearance – Try and improve ventilation to these areas.
- Earth/wood contact – Remove all such contact areas by lowering or digging away the soil. Use metal stirrups to mount pergolas, etc.
- Damp areas – Remove moisture sources, repair leaking downpipes, taps, etc and grade soil to ensure run-off.
- Form-work & scrap timber – Remove all scrap timbers and do not store any timber adjacent to the house.
- Stumps – Remove or have test drilled and checked by a timber pest manager.
- Mulch – Try and avoid using mulch on garden beds adjacent to the house.
- Tree branches touching the structure – Remove all such occurrences.
- Wood rot – Replace any decayed timbers. Use Treated Timber where possible.
- A Full Inspection and Report should be carried out every six months – Regular inspections DO NOT stop attack, but may limit the amount of damage by detecting problems early.
- Engage a professional pest controller who is insured to provide a management program – There is no way of preventing attack. The provision of a complete termite barrier will impede and discourage concealed entry into a building. It cannot prevent attack. Termites can still bridge or breach barriers but they can be detected more readily during routine inspections.
Building Construction Consultants
, Building Inspection
, Building Inspection Service
, Building Inspections
, Commercial Pest Control
, Inspection Services
, Pest Control
, Pest Inspections
, Pest Management
, Pest Services
, Termite & Pest Control
, Termite Barriers
, Termite Control
, Termite Eradication
, Termite Inspection
, Termite Prevention
, Termite Treatment