R4i V1.66b kernel download - new software for r4i sdhc card
New R4i V1.66b firmware update for R4i SDHC card
R4i-sdhc team released new r4i v1.66b kernel on Feb 26th. It mainly fix the problem on R4i SDHC RTS card. As a new flashcard, the RTS card still need to be improved in function and compatibility. The R4i V1.66b kernel do fix this problem. How ever, they still don’t solve the problem on old R4i SDHC 3DS card. If the console is latest 3DS V4.5.0 or Dsi V1.4.5, it can’t use old R4i SDHC 3DS card to play any games. It seems, users need to keep on waitting.
R4i V1.66b Update content
1. Add multi-save features for RTS. Maximum 4 RTS save files.
2. Increase speed of create RTS save.
3. New "hidden" features for RTS, for user to protect individual RTS save files.
4. Solved game hang problem while load empty RTS file.
5. New memory features to memorize last used RTS save file.
6. Fix some kernel bug.
*Remark: RTS, RTG features only applicable for the new card which label RTS.
*Remark: Please goto top screen "save/rts" to configure new RTS features.
7. Solved games:
XXXX - Korg DS-10+ Synthesizer Limited Edition (JA)
6155 - Transformers - Dark of the Moon - Decepticons (EU)
6111 - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (US)
6109 - Pokemon - Version Noire 2 (FR)
6108 - Pokemon - Version Blanche 2 (FR)
XXXX - Suite Precure Melody Collection (JP)
XXXX - Beyblade Metal Fusion (US)
XXXX - Pokemon - White Edition 2 (Kr)
XXXX - Pokemon - Black Version 2 (Kr)
XXXX - Pokemon - White Edition 2 (GE)
XXXX - Pokemon - Versione Bianca 2 (IT)
XXXX - Pokemon - White Version 2 (US)
XXXX - Pokemon - Edicion Blanca 2 (SP)
XXXX - Pokemon - Schwarze Edition 2 (GE)
XXXX - Pokemon - Versione Nera 2 (IT)
XXXX - Pokemon - Edicion Negra 2 (SP)
R4i SDHC Series flashcard list
* R4i SDHC RTS Card support 3DS/3DSXL V4.5.0 (and below version), Dsi/DsiXL/DsiLL V1.4.5( and below version), DS lite. It use the r4i-3ds V1.66b kernel.
* R4i SDHC 3DS card (released after January) support 3DS/3DSXL V4.5.0 (and below version), Dsi/DsiXL/DsiLL V1.4.5( and below version), DS lite. It also use the r4i-3ds V1.66b kernel.
* Old R4i SDHC 3DS Card (released before January) support 3DS V4.4.0, Dsi V1.4.4, DS lite. It can not work on 3DS V4.5.0 and Dsi V1.4.5. It use R4i-3DS V1.63b kernel.
* R4i SDHC V1.45 Card support Dsi/DsiLL/DsiXL V1.4.5, DS lite. It use R4i-SDHC V1.66b kernel.
* R4 SDHC Card support DS and DS lite. It use R4 SDHC V1.66b kernel.
Easy way to install R4i SDHC Kernel
Usually, if you already install the r4i sdhc kernel old version, such as V1.64b, it is no need to update the kernel. you can still use the r4i sdhc card to work. But if your want to play more games, it is necessary for you to do it.
1.The latest r4i sdhc v1.66b kernel can be download from official website or our download page. Find the download link, and click it, then start to download.
2. After download, Unzip the patch into 4 files: "moonmemo", "moonshl2", "R4iMenu" and "r4.dat".
3. Copy all the 4 files to the root directory of the MicroSDHC card, old files will be covered automatically.
4. Insert the MicroSD card to R4i SDHC 3DS card, and put r4 card to 3DS/Dsi/DS console, power on.
Then the kernel in the MicroSD card is already R4i SDHC V1.66b now.
5. you can keep the game files in the SD card, no need to change them.