How to Play GBA games in R4 flashcard
Can R4 Card play GBA games?
There are many kinds of R4 cards in the market., most of them can only run DS games. Only a few of them which has slot-2 support GBA game. So if you want to play GBA game, please don’t select a normal r4 card, but choose a Slot-2 flashcard instead.
Most r4 cards in the market are slot-1 card, such as the R4i Gold, R4i SDHC, R4iTT, R4 DS, Acekard 2i, TT 3DS and so on. They can only play DS games, Only the Supercard DStwo, M3i Zero and EZ-flash (and other slot-2 flashcards) support both DS game and GBA games. That is why these flashcards are much expensive than normal r4 cards.
How to play GBA games in R4 card
1. Download the GBA Exploader software from the site in Resources. Unzip the patch into some files.
2. Connect the MicroSD card to the computer through a MicroSD adapter. Copy all unzipped Exploader files to the root directory of the SD card.
3. Create two directories on your R4's MicroSD card called "GBA" and "GBA_SAVE." Copy your GBA games into the "GBA" directory. Many sites provide amateur-developed and public-domain games for GBA.
4. Disconnect your MicroSD adapter and remove the MicroSD card. Insert the card into the R4 cartridge and insert the cartridge into the top slot of your Nintendo DS. Insert a memory-expansion device such as EZ-Flash or Nintendo's DS Memory Expander into the bottom slot and turn the system on.
5. Select "R4 DS" from the DS' home screen. Choose "GBA Exploader" from the R4 menu.
6. Scroll to the GBA game you wish to load using the D-pad. Press "A" to load any of the GBA games stored on your R4 card.