Bywaters Timms provides advice in all facets of business law and franchise law including:
· Advising on the appropriate structure for the business and preparing any necessary documents such as licence agreements for intellectual property
· Advice about setting up a new franchise system
· Preparing Disclosure Documents and Franchise Agreements that comply with the Franchising Code of Conduct
· Submitting Franchise documents to Franchisees for grants of new franchises, renewal or on sales of existing franchised businesses
· Preparing and advising on Leases and Licences to Occupy
· Advising on protection of intellectual property and arranging registration of trade marks nationally and internationally
· Negotiating, mediating and resolving disputes between franchisors and franchisees
· Advising on Trade Practices issues and conducting seminars to inform clients regarding their obligations under the Competition and Consumer Act
· Assisting clients to implement Trade Practices Compliance Programs
We also advise our business and commerial clients on wide range of issues such as:
· Business Structures—such as companies, trusts, partnerships.
· Trade Practices issues and compliance with the Trade Practices Act.
· Advising on Joint Ventures and preparing appropriate agreements.
· Preparation and advising on Shareholders or Partnership Agreements
· Advising on trusts and setting up trusts
· Stamp Duty advice
· Company restructuring
· Advising on business acquisitions including negotiation of contracts and leases including acquisition of supermarkets