This short course consists of four units of study and is core to the
Certificate IV in Business Administration. If you choose to continue
your studies you would need to select 6 elective units to complete a
Office Administration — short course will provide you with the skills and knowledge to:
- Plan documents
- Draft text
- Prepare final text
- Produce document
- Make meeting arrangements
- Prepare documentation for meetings
- Record and produce minutes of meeting
- Organise business itinerary for domestic and overseas travel
- Make travel arrangements
- Arrange credit facilities
- Prepare to develop spreadsheet
- Develop a linked spreadsheet solution
- Automate and standardise spreadsheet operation
- Use spreadsheets
- Represent numerical data in graphic form
Upon successful completion of these four units of competency you will
receive a Statement of Attainment for part of the industry
qualification in Certificate IV in Business Administration (BSB40507).
- Personal Assistant
- Office Administrator
Recognition of Prior learning (RPL) is “the acknowledgement of the
skills and knowledge” that you have gained through previous studies,
work and life experiences. If RPL is granted, this will mean that you
will not have to complete the study or assessments for a unit or units
You are required to complete 4 units of study.
- BSBWRT401A Write complex documents - This unit describes the
performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to plan documents,
draft text, prepare final text and produce documents of some
- BSBADM405B Organise meetings - This unit describes the performance
outcomes, skills and knowledge required to organise meetings including
making arrangements, liaising with participants, and developing and
distributing meeting related documentation.
- BSBADM406B Organise business travel - This unit describes the
performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to organise
domestic and overseas business travel, including developing associated
itineraries, booking travel and accommodation, preparing travel related
documentation and making travel arrangements.
- BSBITU402A Develop and use complex spreadsheets - This unit
describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to
use spreadsheet software to complete business tasks and to produce
Choosing to study online allows you to study at a pace that suits your lifestyle.
Total nominal hours: 170 hrs
Maximum 6 months access to online course.