We are serious about our examinations and cleaning appointments at Hope Island Dental Care.
The steps taken are:
1. Checking for new areas of decay.
2. Checking the margins around all existing restorations for any early signs of breakdown.
3. Checking all existing restorations for signs of wear
4. Examining soft tissues for evidence of periodontal disease or gingivitis
5. Screening for oral cancers.
6. Use intra-oral camera to discuss any areas needing attention with patient
7. Check between teeth and under all existing restorations with digital x-ray (every 2 years only)
8. Demonstrating how and why to floss
9. Demonstrating recommended brushing technique.
10. Cleaning teeth with ultrasonic scaler.
11. Hand scaling
12. Polishing teeth with prophy jet
13. Applying fluoride treatment if desired.