Astro 480 Premium Electrode for Welding Heavy Sections of Cast Iron
Astro Alloys (Aust) Pty Ltd
Welding Equipment, Welding Supplies, Arc Welding
Astro 480 Premium Electrode for Welding Cast Iron and Ductile Iron.
DESCRIPTION: Premium electrode for welding heavy sections of cast iron and ductile iron. Can be used either AC or DC, in all positions.
GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS: Astro 480 is a superior machinable electrode that gives maximum strength and ductility on heavy sections of cast iron. Due to it’s iron content, it is excellent for welding ferrous metals which are high in phosphorous content and ductile iron. It can also be used to join cast irons to steels.
TYPICAL APPLICATIONS: Recommended for general maintenance welding where high strength and ductility are required and yet deposits must be machinable. Commonly used on heavy machine bases, equipment parts, cylinder heads and blocks. Engineered for repairs on grey and alloy cast irons.
- Due to it’s iron content, 480 is excellent for welding ferrous metals which are high in phosphorous content and ductile iron
- Welds all types of cast iron in all positions, inc. ductile iron, grey iron, malleable iron and steel to cast iron
- Superior machinable electrode that gives maximum strength and ductility on all kinds of cast iron
- Provides solid, dense, machinable and colour matching deposits
- Does not require preheating
- Does not crack or undercut
- Minimal spatter
, Arc Welding
, Cast Iron Alloys
, Consumables - Welding
, Manual Arc Welding Electrodes
, Welding Electrodes
, Welding Equipment
, Welding Rod
, Welding Supplies
, Welding Supplies Stores