Territory and services
Moisture Control Services (MCS) provides professional rug cleaning to both hand and machine made rugs which can include scotchguard (stain resistant treatment) servicing the greater area of Brisbane.
To clean your rugs with care, we need to develop a thorough understanding of:-
· Fibers - Different fibers are classified as natural (wool, silk, cotton, linen, rayon) or synthetic (nylon, polypropylene, acrylic).
· Dyes – this knowledge enables us to do a better cleaning job by being aware of the rug dying method. For example acid dyes are used extensively for dying wool, silk and nylon meaning they cannot be cleaned in hot water.
· Constructions – rugs are either machine made (tufted, bonded or woven) or hand made (woven or knotted plus numerous specialty types).
· Correct solution selection that will be subject to the fiber to avoid dye bleeding.
· Cleaning methods – from the knowledge above MCS can make a professional choice to suit the rug we are cleaning.
and Restoration Certification (IICRC) provides this knowledge and expertise, where MCS has completed the Rug cleaning course. The IICRC is an independent training body where participants must pass a written exam before certification is granted.
MCS has the expertise is clean your rugs to a high professional standard. Rugs are normally removed from the home or business so they can be professionally cleaned in a controlled environment. When returned MCS is happy to install them back into their original position.
Rug identification is important as this determines the best means for cleaning your rug and condition of your rug is recorded. Loose dirt / sand is removed by agitation or compressed air flow. This step is critical as on average 74-79% of the soil found in rugs is dry particle, fibrous and insoluble. Meaning the most effective way to remove this type of soil is dry extraction / vacuuming. Before cleaning your rug MCS will conduct a colourfastness (or dye transfer) test to ensure dye does not bleed from the rug with the cleaning solution we would be using. If stain treatment is required additional charges may apply.
If rug has been contaminated by your pet MCS can eliminate the smell but a stain may be visible on the affected area.