Springvale Horse Treks and Camping
Springvale Eco Park
Fees and Conditions
Springvale one hour from Maryborough and Gympie, and 55km from Biggenden, on the Woolooga/Biggenden Road.
ADMITTANCE BY PRIOR BOOKING ONLY
Springvale should be regarded as a wilderness area in every sense.
Facilities are basic, so it is important to bring everything you will need, including sufficient fuel, first aid kit, axe, shovel and tow rope. No Fuel or Gas Refills available.
Motorcycles are NOT permitted. Qld Road Rules apply throughout, all vehicles must be road registered.
Firearms and archery are not permitted and removal of flora and fauna is prohibited.
Vehicle Access: 4WD and 2WD vehicles can access all the main camping areas with trailers and campervans.
2wd maybe restricted to some camping areas depending on weather conditions.
Please sign in and pay on arrival at the Springvale cottage and collect your property map. Completed “Release and Wavier of Liability” submitted.
All Week – 6am to 9am and 4pm to 7pm
Sign Out on Departure:
It is a requirement of entry that you sign out at the on departure.
Visitors are advised to bring drinking water.
• You may choose a camp at designated areas on the property , exclusive one camper only sites available at booking.
• Shower and septic toilet is provided at Stockyards below cottage.
• There is ample firewood available. Please be careful with camp fires and ensure that fires are out when leaving the camp site. Do not put glass or tins in the fireplaces. Fires will be allowed when permits from district warden are available to property owner. (Times of high risk fire danger, fires will not be allowed)
• Generators can be used but in the main camping areas there is a no noise limit after 10.30pm at night.
• Do not camp under mature trees - they shed limbs.
• Make sure food is securely stored at night and while you are away from your campsite as the wildlife can create havoc if not properly stored.
• RUBBISH MUST NOT be left at campsites, take your rubbish home.
• Dispersed camping means no amenities block. That means extra care has to be taken in disposing of human waste. To dispose of faeces, dig a hole six (6) inches deep at least 100 feet away from any water source. Fill the hole with the dirt you dug up. Never defecate or
• leave toilet paper on top of the ground. It could easily get into the local water source and contaminate it.
• Any unrulely behaviour, disturbing other campers or owners will not be tolerated and will be asked to leave immediately. No refund of fees will be given and no future admittance to property granted.
Camping Fees (payment required on arrival). All prices include GST
4WD and All Wheel Drive Vehicles:
$40 per night /family group for 24 hour stay, price applies to each vehicle that enters the park
$20 per night/couple for 24 hour stay, price applies to each vehicle that enters the park
$20 day trip price applies to each vehicle that enters the park
Family Stay 5 nights $200, following 2 nights free. Couple Stay 5 nights $100-, following 2 nights free.
$20 night per vehicle for 24 hours stay
$10 day trip per vehicle
No Eftpos available/cash only.
• Horses will be yarded in existing stockyard.
• All must be Hendra vaccinated.
• No rigs or stallions.
• Participants must wear approved current Australian Standard helmets, suitable sun safe shirts, long pants, and riding boots.
• Water bottles are not supplied, but must be brought along on the ride by participant.
• A gear check will be conducted prior to commencement of ride.
• Horse condition and strength accessed for the mountain trails.
TRAIL RIDING FEES:
Maximum 10 people per group.
All trail rides commence at 9am .
Saturday, lunch provided for this full day ride. (aprox 6 hours) $180 per person
Sunday is a half day ride, with smoko supplied. (aprox 3 hours) $90 per person
Can custom trail to suit on request at booking.
• Payment of 50% fees required at booking and balance at arrival to Springvale.
• Cancellation -(14 days or less no deposit is refunded)
Camping fees for Trail Riders - as per Camping fees section (above).