Springvale Horse Treks and Camping
Springvale Eco Park
Bushwalking at Springvale
While visiting, you can explore rainforest, scrub, flat rock areas (directions available at reception) or a mountain track on your own. Keep an eye out for Koala’s or Yellow-bellied gliders, the Brush-tailed Phascogale and our small colonies of Brush-tailed rock wallabies dispersed throughout the range country on rocky outcrops.
Mt Boogooramunya*** is our highest peak. As you climb the mountain you will spot the multitude of bird life that coexist with us, pick up a bird list at the cottage.– birds like the Black Cockatoo, Long tailed parrots and the many species of Honey eaters, and the ground Quails. Follow the dingo tracks along the cattle pads and spot the wallabies hiding in the scrub or on the cliff faces and in the Morton Bay Figs.
Some of the options for bushwalks
• Flat Rocks – an hour round walk up Spring Creek. (Take care not to walk on slippery flat rocks.)
• Scrub Discovery- a short walk of aprox an hour up Spring Creek. (There are many scrubs on the property, this one is a short walk from the Apple Tree camp on Spring Creek.
• Climb the Bull Paddock hill and up the fence line to photograph the view, out to the east coast or north over the ranges.
• A short drive up Joshua Creek, then an hour walk up to the “wallaby rocks”, if your quiet you may be lucky to see one of our isolated colonies of the illusive Brush-tailed rock wallabies.
• Car drive to the Rainforest and walk up Joshua Creek at the base of Mt Boogooramunya*
• Guided drive to the base of the mountain to discover a massive land slip off the summit.*
Items marked * are only available on Saturday and Sunday, holidays or by arrangement for groups mid week. These items are extras and are not included in tariffs.
***Name: Boogooramunya (Highest summit of Burnett Range)
Coordinates S25°51'51.98", E152°8'11.98" [ -25.86444 | 152.13666 ] ▶
Class/Type: T.MT | Mountain.
An elevation standing high above the surrounding area with small summit area, steep slopes and local relief of 300m or more.
Area 734m (2,408 feet) :: (Average elevation of 3"x3" (ca 90mx90m) or 30"x30" (ca 900mx900m) meters. 743m above sea level