OBS500 Turbidity Probe with Antifouling
Campbell Scientific Australia
Sensors, Monitoring Equipment, Environmental Sensors
The OBS500 combines a backscatter sensor (better at measuring high turbidity) with a second sidescatter sensor (better at measuring lower turbidity). This SDI-12 probe uses digital processing.
The OBS500 incorporates the ClearSensorTM Antifouling Method (patent pending) to ensure the accuracy of its measurements. The ClearSensor method uses a shutter/wiper mechanism to protect and clean the optics.
This antifouling method also includes a chamber filled with a biocide that continuously leaches out over the optics while the probe is in the closed position. Campbell Scientific is offering a disposable plastic sleeve that can make clean up a snap, as well as an optional copper sleeve that can provide additional protection, especially in sea water.
• Dual backscatter and sidescatter sensors used to measure turbidity
• ClearSensorTM (patent pending) Antifouling Method providing better measurements biologically-active water
• Shutter/wiper mechanism
• Refillable biocide chamber
• Disposable plastic sleeve that facilitates clean up
• Optional copper sleeve for additional protection, especially in sea water.
• SDI-12 and 5V outputs
, Monitoring Equipment
, Water Quality Sensors