This Fetal Doppler Baby Heart Rate Monitor with LCD is the perfect way to listen to your baby's heartbeat. Now all mothers can enjoy the pleasure of listening to their baby's heart whenever they want, in the comfort of their own home.
Many expectant mothers worry about their unborn baby during pregnancy. For these worried mothers, it can be very reassuring to buy a fetal doppler system, especially the popular Angelsounds Fetal Doppler, which comes factory direct from Jumper and Best Medical Direct.
What is a Fetal Doppler?
A fetal Doppler is a device used to monitor a baby's heart rate throughout pregnancy. The device is non-invasive, which makes it a good safety choice for all pregnant mothers. The heart rate is measured by the Doppler effect, emitting and receiving ultrasonic sound waves and monitoring the shift in pitch of the sound waves. Every returning sound wave is measured as the sound of the heartbeat heard through the speakers on the Doppler.
Ideal Times to Search for a Heartbeat
An embyro's heart begins beating around 22 days after conception, but it takes much longer for doctors and parents to be able to listen to the heart beat. Between the 9th to 12th week of pregnancy, most fetal dopplers are able to pick up the sound of the heartbeat. Some heartbeats may be hard to find, and this is perfectly normal. Just be patient and try around more areas of the belly, eventually you will hear it!
About the Angelsounds Pro Edition Fetal Doppler
This Pro Edition Angelsounds Baby Heart Monitor (model JPD-100B) is as good as the equipment you find at your obstetrician's office, but is simple enough to use at home. The mother (or father) just press the probe of the device against the abdomen, turn on the speaker and then listen to the baby's heart beating. It also has a headphone jack so that the parents can attach a recording cable from the fetal heart monitor to their computer to record the baby's heartbeat at a WAV or MP3 file, which if great to save for memories as well as a wonderful gift to send to family and friends.
- Listen to your unborn baby's heartbeat starting at about 12 weeks
- This Pro Edition is as sensitive as the equipment in most obstetrician's offices
- Save the sounds of your baby's heart beat onto your computer as a remembrance and even email the files to family and friends
- Mom and dad can better monitor their baby's growth during pregnancy (this unit has an LCD display to show the FHR and even has an alarm function when it hears an abnormal rate)
- Can be used with or without gel. Works just fine with baby oil or most body wash gels. If you want to get some specialized gel, visit the link for here.
- You may even use this to record your own heartbeat and play it back to your newborn baby for a calming effect during the first 6-12 months your baby is lying in its crib
- Description: Pro Edition of the Angelsounds brand of Baby Heart Rate Monitor
- LCD Screen: Three digit display shows Fetal Heart Rate (BPM) as well as icons to indicated power level, computer sync status, and an alarm if the unit hears an abnormal heartbeat from the baby
- Probe Frequency: 2.5MHz
- Working Frequency Range: 2.0MHz, 2.5MHz, 3.0MHz
- FHR Performance:
- FHR Measuring Range: 50 - 240BPM
- Resolution: 1BPM
- Accuracy: +/- 2BPM
- On Board Controls: Speaker, 3.5mm Jack Input, Volume UP/DOWN, ON/OFF Power, Charging Jack
- Power Source: One 9.6V rechargeable Ni-Mh (charger and battery included)
- Certification: CE Mark
- Will start clearly detecting baby heartbeat in the 12th week of pregnancy
- Complies with IEC 60601-1:1988, A1:1991, A2:1995
- 1 x Doppler Fetal Heart Beat Monitor
- 1 x Rechargeable Battery (pre-installed)
- 1 x Charger (110V/220V)
- 1 x User Manual - English
- 1 x Free Christmas Designer Bag!
- Note: If your country doesn't apply US plug or EU plug, Best Medical Direct includes a FREE universal wall socket adapter for its international customers. We ship this product worldwide.
Care and Usage Notes
- Waterproof probe can be easily cleaned off after each use to remove any gels or lotions you may have used on the belly
- You can use the sound recorder in the Windows OS to record your baby's heartbeat. Click start, select programs, go to accessory, then select entertainment, and you will see the Sound Recorder application
- You will need a 3.5mm male to male cable to connect the Angelsounds Baby Heart Monitor (model JPD-100B) to your computers MIC jack
- Intro Article About Fetal Doppler:
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can this Doppler heart rate monitor be used on any heart?
Yes. Of course the primary function of this doppler heart rate monitor is to be able to listen to a baby's heart beat, but it can still be used to listen to the heart of a child or adult as well.
- What is BPM?
It means Beats Per Minute
- Does this baby heart monitor come with any gel?
No, but it works fine with baby oil or any type of gel body wash.