Consulting Civil and Structural Engineering
Edmiston & Taylor
Inspection Services, Professional Engineers, Civil Engineers
Edmiston & Taylor’s capabilities are broad ranging but include :
• Building Modifications and Renovations. Services are provided in such areas as pre-purchase engineering inspections, removal house strengthening, structural problems and repairs. We undertake detailed reviews and certification of proposed changes to buildings involving wall and slab penetrations and changes to loading scenarios. We are also experienced in the retrospective engineering review and certification of residential building structures that do not have current building approvals over them so that building approvals may be obtained.
• New Building Structures from the engineering components of housing (foundations and unusual components, large beams etc) sheds and swimming pools right through to planning and design of large commercial and industrial buildings.
• Retaining Walls constructed in boulder rock, concrete masonry or timber sleepers all documented to the required standards for building approval.
• Subdivisional Development concentrating on the engineering design, Council approvals and construction supervision or inspection associated with rural, rural residential and urban developments including roadworks, drainage, sewerage and water supply works. We are able to put together a specialised and experienced team to address all facets of such projects.
• Roadworks and Stormwater Drainage. As well as major roadworks associated with works for Local and State Road Authorities, the firm has also designed small property driveways, floodways and culverts and advised on drainage problems in rural areas.
• Dams. We have designed and supervised the construction of several rural earth dams for farms and the agricultural industry.
• Local Authority Infrastructure Planning & Development including strategic planning, road, water and sewerage planning and design at a community level, including remote area work for the private clients as well as Queensland, New South Wales and Federal governments.
• Project Management. Management of multi-million dollar community housing and infrastructure projects for Qld, NSW and Federal Governments. Subdivisional development management including financial management and reporting to funding bodies. Small project management and coordination to relieve clients from the stresses of dealing with Local Authorities and Government Departments.
• Bridgeworks ranging from small rural timber bridge repairs to major road and rail bridges.
• Maritime Structures including major port and harbour facilities as well as minor works such as boat ramps, moorings and pontoons.
, Engineering Consultants
, Inspection Services
, Professional Engineers
, Structural Engineers