The Dentists Cairns Dental Group
Wisdom Teeth, Implants, Patient Care
These are man-made titanium posts implanted into the bone to substitute the missing, natural teeth. This is an alternative to bridges and/or dentures. The implants and crowns are attached and function just like real teeth. The crown ‘artificial tooth’ is attached to the implant by using an abutment.
What’s so good about implants?
• They help withstand greater bite pressures
• Bone loss in the jaw is prevented
• They help prevent hollowed or collapsed cheeks
• May prevent gum decline
• Do not require reshaping of healthy teeth around them
• Usually dentures are less comfortable than implants.
• Care for implants just like real teeth.
, Patient Care
, Root Canal Treatments
, Wisdom Teeth