Accredited Provider of Drug/Alcohol Testing
Personalised Business Coaching & Solutions
Drug Testing, Alcohol Testing, Saliva Drug Test
Undertaking your due diligence in the workplace through monitoring Alcohol and Drug usage.
Part of your “governance” or “due diligence” in the workplace is to ensure the safety of your workers and others (including visitors).
The use of alcohol and other drugs becomes an occupational health and safety issue at the workplace if a person’s ability to exercise judgement, coordination, motor control, concentration and alertness is affected leading to an increased risk of injury or illness.
Some potential cost implications to the organisation can include:
• Injuries and accidents which the business can be liable if deemed to have breached their due diligence. This can also incur high legal and compliance costs through court procedures and penalties. This is currently approximately 3 – 11% of work related injuries.
• Loss of productivity due to persons being affected by drugs or alcohol while undertaking their work also directly impacting on absenteeism and high staff turnover. The current figure available is over $2.9 billion.
• High workers compensation claims again directly impacting on the business or organisations bottom line. Current cost borne mostly by the employer (PCBU) is $1.3 billion.
• Damage to the business or organisation reputation which can also result in loss of clients, tenders etc.
• Each year over 4% of Australians go to work affected by alcohol and 2% affected by illicit drugs.
• Approximately 6% of Australians report their usual place of alcohol consumption is their workplace.
How can you show you are trying to “monitor and control” this identified hazard?
As a business owner or manager have you ever had the reason to think that one of the team may have a substance abuse problem?
Random checks for both drugs and alcohol are becoming a standard business practice in most industries in today’s work places.
We have our own qualified “tester” that can assist in this practice to ensure you have the process in place.
We come to your work site and test for alcohol (through a simple breath analysis reading) or drug testing through saliva or urine samples. This can be at “random” or “planned”, whatever your procedures state you will be undertaking. This can also be required should there be a workplace incident or injury!
If you want to find out more about the process and costs involved contact Gary and he will take you through the steps that need to be in place, and how we can assist you in this important part of your responsibilities under the WHS Act 2011.
, Drug & Alcohol Testing
, Drug Testing
, Saliva Drug Test