Torquepower specializes in reconditioning your Cummins engine
Engine Parts, Diesel Engines, Engine Reconditioning Machines
Your Checklist for Buying a Reconditioned Diesel Engine
A reconditioned engine, also known as a remanufactured engine, is an engine that has gone through substantial repair intended to bring the worn engine back to “as-new” condition and enabling it to be used for another full service life. Rebuilt, reconditioned, recon, recond and remanufactured are terms commonly used but the final product quality achieved can differ widely.
Each engine is dismantled and the constituent parts cleaned and inspected. But this is where the similarities end. The depth of and commitment to both the cleaning and inspection processes alone can have an immense impact on the integrity of the finished product.
Thereafter, the replacement of all consumable items such as gaskets, seals, sealants and o-rings and the supply of quality assured replacement engine component parts will see the successful completion of the rebuild project.
It goes without saying that strict compliance with manufacturer’s specifications, service advisory bulletins, tolerances and assembly procedures will help ensure optimum results. It is good to remember that any sub-contractor used (e.g. machinists, fuel injection specialists etc.) must operate to the same high standards.
Sometimes, the cheapest option is not the best option. Do your homework before entering into the supply contract. Buy the steak – not the sizzle. A good relationship between customer and rebuilder will leave the customer with confidence that the proposed commissioned work will deliver value for money performance in the remanufactured engines next life.
Choose carefully. It is not the kind of decision that you will make often and it is important that you get it right. After 36 years reconditioning diesel engines, we are happy to be your sounding board.
To summarise - we recommend you check;
• Industry reputation of the chosen rebuilder (make enquiries)
• The supplier should be a specialist in the particular field
• capacity to deliver on time
• capacity to meet all of the quality criteria you expect
• commitment to you the customer
• the external relationships (sub-contractors)
• supply of or access to the necessary component resources
• qualified technician resources (are they adequate and experienced ?)
• The repair entities’ stability and capacity to provide suitable warranty
• Your ability to have a quality dialogue with decision makers
Cummins Reconditioned Engines
, Cylinder Head
, Cylinder Heads
, Diesel Engines
, Diesel Engines, Used
, Engine Parts
, Engine Reconditioning Machines
, Exchange Engines