There are many choices to make when you’re pregnant.
How and where will you give birth?
Who will provide your maternity care and who will attend the birth?
To make confident and informed choices you need to be aware of all available options.
Choices for Childbirth antenatal classes provide you with information not generally available in other classes.
We provide a comfortable forum where you can listen, learn, ask
questions and share in the birth stories of others, all guided by our
experienced team of presenters.
Can be attended as a full cycle or individual sessions of your choice.
• Can be attended before or during pregnancy. You are encouraged to attend early for appropriate birth planning.
• Welcome your partner and and/or support people.
• Start on time, please arrive 15 minutes early.
• Provide seating - however feel free to bring a few pillows or cushions for extra comfort.
Our presenters will provide accurate information based on current research.
They include midwives in private practice, childbirth educators, lactation consultants, consumer organisations and parents.
• Encourages a woman-centred approach to the birth process
23rd August - Choosing a Care Provider, Birth Plans and Optimum Health During your Pregnancy
• Regards pregnancy and childbirth as normal physiological processes, not illnesses
• Acknowledges the social, cultural and psychological factors influencing childbirth
• Advocates midwives as the primary caregivers to women in normal birth
• Emphasises your right to make informed choices about your caregivers and place of birth
• Promotes continuous assessment and critical evaluation of technologies used in maternity care
30th August -All About Birth
Gain understanding to support your birth potential
6th September - All About Birth continued
13th September - Tools for Labour
Understand pain dynamics and how to prepare for them
20th September -Supporting your Partner
Practical, positive labour support strategies
27th September - Breastfeeding
Getting the right start with confidence
4th October - Sleeping like a Baby
Gentle strategies for adjusting to life with a newborn
11th October - Caesarean and Unexpected Outcomes Accurate information to help prepare you for all possible outcomes
Please note: It is possible to attend either a full cycle or
individual sessions that interest you, however places are limited and
priority is given to those booking full cycles.
Starts: Tuesday, 23rd August 2011
To enrol, contact Fiona 0419 166 335 or email [email protected]
Finishes: Tuesday, 11th October 2011
Venue: Fairy Meadow Community Centre (opp Woolworths)
Classes: 8 sessions of 2 hours
Price: $120.00 (GST included) full eight weeks.