ProctorGeo Inverted Room Membrane Assembly IRMA
Dynamic Composite Technologies Pty Ltd
Waterproofing Membrane, Roof Membrane, Vapour Permeable Membrane
ProctorGeo IRMA is designed for use as a separating layer in ballasted or paved Inverted Roof Membrane Assembly (IRMA) flat roofs. ProctorGeo IRMA acts as a filter layer preventing fines and other debris from passing through, and also as a water flow reducing layer minimising cold rainwater flowing between the insulation and the roof waterproofing thus reducing the consequent rainwater cooling effect.
Rainwater that penetrates IRMA roof systems reaching the waterproof layer can impact on the thermal performance of the construction. To take account of this loss in thermal performance, the initial R-value of the roof should be corrected by subtracting a rainwater correction factor (determined using the method described in BS EN ISO 6946:2007) dependent on local rainfall and the proportion of rainwater reaching the waterproof layer under the insulation.
This can be substantially reduced by incorporating ProctorGeo IRMA as a water-flow reducing layer directly above the insulation, to drain rainwater off the roof before it reaches the waterproof layer.
ProctorGeo IRMA is impermeable to liquid water and substitutes conventional fleece filter fabrics that do not perform as an effective water draining separation layer.
- As a vapour permeable separating and water control layer for use in Inverted Roof Membrane Assembly (IRMA) Systems
- High vapour permeability
- Water resistance up to 2.5m head of water
- UV stable for up to 2 months exposure in Australia and New Zealand
- Resistance to the effects of lime water, sodium chloride solution and sulphurous acid in concentrations required by EN 1847
- Strong, yet lightweight for ease of application
- Resistant to mould
- Available in 3m wide rolls to reduce overlaps
, Green Roof Fabric
, Green Roof Lining
, Green Roof Membrane
, Inverted Roof Membrane Assembly
, Proctor Membrane
, Roof Membrane
, Roof Waterproof Layer
, Vapour Permeable Membrane
, Water Control Layer
, Waterproofing Membrane