Operate a Personnel & Materials Hoist
Cobra Training & Licensing Services
Material Handling Equipment, Hoist, Vehicle Hoists
Licence to operate a personnel and materials hoist course is a legal requirement for anybody required to operate a builder's hoist (also known as an “Alimak”) in which personnel, goods and/or materials may be hoisted and which comprises a car, structure, machinery or other equipment associated with the hoist, and which may be a cantilever hoist, a tower hoist or a multiple winch operation. Included in this definition are situations where winches may be configured to operate as hoists for the transportation of personnel for licensing purposes. It also encompasses the requirements for operating a materials barrow hoist (HM) for licensing purposes.
* The course does not allow the HP hoist operator to erect or dismantle hoist equipment. The installation, dismantling and maintenance of cantilevered platform materials hoists and mast climbers must be carried out or directly supervised by a person holding either a Basic Rigging (RB) or Intermediate Scaffolding (SI) Licence.
- Compliance with WHS licensing legislation.
- Communicate and work safely with others in the work area.
- Risk assessment and management procedures (particular awareness of the risks associated with movement of loads and passengers).
- Pre-operational checks, operations of a hoist including movement the lifting of loads and/or passengers to the safe working rated capacity of the hoist, and shut down of a hoist.
- Appropriate mathematical procedures for estimation of loads.
On successful completion of training and assessment, participants will receive a Statement of Attainment for CPCCLHS3001A Licence to Operate a Personnel and Materials Hoist and a National Licence to Perform High Risk Work (Class HP).
High Risk Work (HRW) Licences are valid for 5 years from the date of issue. To receive your WorkCover HRW licence, applicants must lodge their HRW assessment paperwork at an Australia Post outlet together with a passport sized photo and pay the prescribed WorkCover processing fee within 60 days of the final HRW assessment.
, Alimak Licence
, Alimak Ticket
, Alimak Training
, Builders Elevator
, Builders Hoist
, Hoist Licence
, Hoist Ticket
, Material Handling Equipment
, Materials Hoist
, Personnel & Materials Hoist
, Personnel Hoist
, Vehicle Hoists