The Community Participation Program
The Aim- Community Participation aims to assist young people with a disability who have moderate to high support needs with an alternative to paid employment.
The Objectives- are to provide person centred learning opportunities that extend long term skills in the three main areas of life learning.
They are as follows:
· Living Skills- This area focuses on a person becoming more proficient with cooking skills, budget management, personal grooming, home duties and effective shopping.
· Recreational- This area focuses on the recreational interest of the individual, providing the opportunities to participate in activities in a group or one to one situation.
· Pre- Vocational/ Educational- this area provides opportunities that involve the outsourcing of educational facilities such as Tafe and for suitable courses that are of interest to the participant as well as the outsourcing of local business for work experience opportunities.
The Community Participation Program aims through an Individual Program Plan to provide age and culturally appropriate opportunities that extend friendships provide community integration as well as extend and maintain everyday life skills.
The Leisure Company strives to:
· Maintain a person centred approach.
· Maximise opportunities.
· Maintain and extend life skills.
· Maintain and extend independence.
· Provide life transition support.
The Features that The Leisure Company offer are:
· One to one support
· Small group settings
· Flexible timetabling to meet the individual needs of the person.
· Community access that fosters the inclusion into the wider local community.