Food hygiene is essential in the childcare industry
Training Online Food Safety
Food Safety, Food Hygiene, Food Safety Standards
All children in childcare need regular healthy meals, snacks and fluids
(Follow) Workplace Hygiene Procedures Food Hygiene Regulations
Many children attend childcare and some spend long periods there. This
means children can eat many meals and snacks away from their home and parents.
It’s important that children in care eat nutritious meals and are educated about
healthy eating. Research has shown that some children in care may not get enough
of some important dietary nutrients.
Childcare centres and carers should
be familiar with hygiene and nutrition standards and food safety laws. All workers need to be trained in basic food safety and food hygiene.
The food safety supervisor must implement a food safety program and monitor all food handling.
should have policies and menu plans available for parents to read and comment
Food hygiene is essential
Careful preparation of food and correct food
handling techniques are important. Childcare centres must observe the following
- Cooks and staff who are trained in correct food service techniques
- Correct food handling by children and staff
- Adequate hand washing by staff and children
- Correct use of serving utensils
- Correct sharing of food at tables (for example, when fruit platters are
- Correct storage and reheating of food and drinks is important for food
- Childcare centres that serve food should provide the following:
- Correct storage of expressed breast milk and baby milk formula.
- Correct handling and preparation of baby milk formula and breast milk for
- Safe food storage.
- Safe use of microwave ovens for heating food and drinks.
- Food safety supervisors can train online - all 3 units
, Food Health and Safety
, Food Hygiene
, Food Hygiene Training
, Food Hygiene Training Adelaide
, Food Hygiene Training Brisbane
, Food Hygiene Training Melbourne
, Food Hygiene Training Nsw
, Food Hygiene Training Perth
, Food Hygiene Training Sydney
, Food Safety
, Food Safety Courses
, Food Safety Legislation
, Food Safety Plan
, Food Safety Standards
, Food Safety Supervisor (Training)
, Food Safety Supervisor Nsw Food Authority Approved
, Food Safety Training Online
, Food Safety Training Qld
, Hccap Plan
, Hccap Principles
, Nsw Food Safety Supervisor