Gillis Delaney act for a number of Banks and Commercial Institutions in the preparition of security documentation, undertaking of default work and dealing with insolvency issues in respect of loan transactions.
Gillis Delaney values its reputation in the building and construction industry. We regularly assist members of the Master Builders Association of New South Wales and our Newcastle offices are located in the Newcastle Master Builders Association offices. Our lawyers regularly conduct seminars and presentations for MBA members.
We offer a complete service to the construction industry.
We also have a suite of specially developed services for members of the Master Builders Association. For more details
Gillis Delaney helps clients solve problems that arise in the course of their businesses.
Gillis Delaney has expertise in all areas of dispute resolution and have Accredited Specialists in Commercial Litigation that can help with:
A number of GD's partners are trained mediators. We act for individuals, private companies, public companies and Government agencies.
Gillis Delaney has specialist knowledge of business practices in the following industries:
Gillis Delaney act for a number of Banks and Commercial Institutions in the preparition of security documentation, undertaking of default work and dealing with insolvency issues in respect of factoring and invoice discounting facilities.
Franchising is one of the fastest growing sectors of the business community.
Gillis Delaney act for Australian and International insurers, self insurers and government agencies. We specialise in the delivery of insurance services for insurers, insurance brokers and businesses.
We can deliver claims administration solutions through our experts in insurance law to reduce the burden and complications of doing it yourself. Sourcing in house expertise we ensure that incidents and claims are properly examined and effectively resolved.
We stand by our promise to deliver superior services by simplifying issues rather than over complicate them. We explain information in plain language and respond promptly and effectively. We keep you informed and ensure investigators, assessors, experts, collection agents and loss adjusters that assist in claims provide value for money services.
We provide cost effective and efficient services and deliver innovative solutions to issues that arise in the management of changes to insurance programs. We pursue speedier resolutions of claims, optimum financial settlements and reduction in overall costs. We focus on finalisation of claims at the earliest opportunity.
We are there for you when mishaps occur and our services adopt a preventative approach with a focus on risk management.
Download our brochure
Integrated Workplace Solutions- A strategy firmly based on individual requirements that builds on encounters rather than a tactic that works in isolation.
Effective management of today's workforce is a key driver for the success of most businesses. Harnessing your most valuable asset, your people presents challenges. We are there to partner you in those challenges with our integrated workplace solutions.
It is vital to get it right from the start. Our service covers strategic planning in recruitment through to performance management and workplace safety strategies.
Specific areas of expertise are:
- Executive employment agreements
- Enterprise agreements
- Performance and change management
- Industrial relations litigation and disputes
- Right of entry
- Occupational health and safety
- Unfair or wrongful dismissal claims
- Unfair contracts
- Employment and anti-discrimination law
- Transmission of business issues
- Confidentiality and restraints of trade
- Training and policy development
- Workers' compensation claims management, return to work programs, rehabilitation programs and ending employment relationships.
Businesses need an agile workforce that can respond to changing work needs and this has led to a growth in the use of independent contractors and labour hire to cope with workflow. Once again it is important to get it right from the start when utilising alternative labour sources and we have specialist expertise in this area.
Our services are integrated from the beginning rather than being bolted on at the end.
Nobody can be the master of all trades and different disciplines need different talents. We bring together talents in all disciplines. Yes we have industrial advocates and lawyers but unlike most law firms we also have rehabilitation experts. In short a complete suite of specialised, linked services can be utilised to create exceptional workplace solutions.
With a team-based can-do culture we do whatever it takes to get the job done. Integrated Workplace Solutions produces measurable results. In the short term we deliver immediate improvements and in the long term the results will allow you to measure behavioural changes.
We deliver brilliant results for our clients and our clients value our proven track record of effectiveness and our unquestionable integrity and benefit from strategically correct and insightful services produced on time and on budget. We are 100% results focused and totally accountable to you. We embrace ideas and use creativity to find better ways to do things.
Gillis Delaney provides services to individuals, employers, occupiers, manufacturers and suppliers of equipment in Risk Management and Occupational Health and Safety.
Our areas of expertise include:
- WorkCover prosecutions in the Industrial Magistrates Court and the Industrial Commission
- Risk management
- Development of work method statements
- Development of safety manuals
- Prohibition notices
- Improvement notices
- Negotiation of Enforceable Undertakings with WorkCover
- Coronial Inquests
- Right of Entry Issues
- WorkCover investigations
Gillis Delaney provides advice in a wide range of areas including:
- All areas of property acquisition and conveyancing
- Property development utilising efficient unit and discretionary trust structures
- Stamp duty issues affecting property development and property finance and securities
- All aspects of commercial leases
- Advising property managers in relation to ongoing property portfolio matters
- Strata Title Development, Subdivisions, Dual Occupancies
- Securitisation & Mortgage documentation
The Legal Profession Regulation which operates in NSW prohibits lawyers in that state from publishing information or advertisements that include any reference to personal injury claims or work injury claims.
We are permitted, however, to provide information about our accredited specialists. The Managing Partner of GD, David Newey is a NSW Law Society accredited personal injury specialist.
We can provide further information when you request it.
Contact our New South Wales Law Society Accredited Personal Injury Specialists to assist you.
Gillis Delaney provide a comprehensive service that assists with the implementation of procedures for hazard identification, risk assessment and elimination or control of risks to provide businesses with the best opportunity to reduce injury, illness or loss. Implementation, analysis and training are core features of the service. Effective risk control generates rewards through loss prevention and risk transferance.Risk management is about identifying, analysing, evaluating, eliminating, monitoring and controlling risks.
We will help you with:
- Risk assessments and reviews
- Risk management strategies
- Risk evaluation
- Risk identification
- Corrective procedures
- Liaising with regulatory bodies - WorkCover, EPA and others
We will help you:
- Evaluate and rank risk priorities
- Identify treatment options to reduce the likelihood of the risk
- Reduce the consequences or transfer the risk
- Evaluate the costs of the treatment options
- Prepare treatment plans to reduce, transfer or avoid risk
- Assist in the implementation of plans
- Document your strategy
We value our reputation as one of the leading firms in the area of estate planning.
As well as preparing standard wills, we advise clients on all aspects of estate planning including:
- Testamentary trusts
- Powers of attorney
- Wealth creation strategies
- Business succession planning including the preparation of "buy-sell agreements"
Our specialist services cover
- Buy/sell arrangements
- Exit strategies
Gillis Delaney regularly provides superannuation advice to fund trustees, accountants, financial planners and members of funds about matters which include:
- Creation of funds
- Amendments to fund deeds
- Compliance issues
- Investment strategies
- Superannuation guarantee
- Estate planning
We provide advice in a wide range of areas including:
- All areas of the Corporations Law and the Trade Practices Act
- Taxation issues and corporate restructuring
- Company capital raising and floats
- Franchises both from a franchisor and franchisee perspective
- All issues concerning small and medium size business